To take care of yourself in a simple, natural and inexpensive way, it is quite possible to make your beauty products at home with ingredients that you will sometimes even have in your kitchen. In this article we will tell you how to make 5 beauty products by yourself.
There are several advantages to making your beauty products.
- The first is of course economical. Raw products cost much less than finished products for which you pay for packaging, communication costs, brand management, etc.
- What is more, we know where the raw materials come from since they are raw and therefore free from preservatives, flavors and other additives which are sometimes allergens or even carcinogens in the long term.
- In addition, there are natural preservatives such as grapefruit seed extracts, vitamin E or even essential oils which are anti-bacterial and antifungal.
- With homemade products, we will also have 100% active products rather than water or binders added to the composition of industrial products. We will therefore use oils, floral waters, essential oils, and even products that we already have in our kitchen such as honey, avocado or fresh cream.
Table of Contents
- Good to know before you start!
- 5 Homemade beauty product recipes
- Some additional beauty tips
Good to know before you start!
To manufacture quality products, we will choose organic ingredients, first cold-pressed oils, organic if not wild and at least natural.
Particular attention will be paid to hygiene by washing your hands well, but also by taking care to clean the work surface, to scald the containers (glass jars) and accessories (whisks, spoons, etc.).
In order to prolong the conservation of its beauty products, we can store them in a cool place, but we will prefer to manufacture them in small quantities, because we cannot keep them for more than a month, some will even be disposable.
5 Homemade beauty product recipes
1. A nourishing mask for the hair
– 1 tablespoon of raw shea butter
– 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
– 1 teaspoon of chamomile floral water
– 4/5 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Mix the shea butter and avocado oil until you have a smooth texture.
- Add the floral water.
- Apply to hair and wrap with a hot towel.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair well.
- Repeat the operation every week.
2. A mask to detoxify the face
– Pink clay
– Rose floral water
– A drop of essential oil of geranium rosa or tea tree
- Mix the clay with the floral water to have a pasty texture.
- Apply the mask.
- When it begins to dry, spray a little floral water to rehydrate.
- Rinse, and moisturize the skin.
3. Nourishing lip balm
– Coconut oil
– A tablespoon of beeswax flakes
- Mix the ingredients in a double boiler.
- Pour the mixture into a flask.
- Let harden, the balm is ready!
4. A nourishing face mask
– An organic yogurt
– A tablespoon of honey
- Mix the two ingredients.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
5. Hand cream
– 2 tablespoons of shea butter
– 1 tablespoon of castor oil
– 1 tablespoon of lilies
– 4 to 5 drops of essential oil of Italian elychris
- Mix the ingredients.
- Apply to every feeling of dry hands.
Some additional beauty tips
You can take a hot bath to open your pores and then follow the detox mask and the nourishing mask in order to have a deeply cleansed and rehydrated skin.
To exfoliate the body, you can use coffee grounds mixed with coconut oil.
Finally, to exfoliate the body and face, we can use unrefined raw sugar mixed in equal parts with honey. The chemical reaction of the two ingredients eliminates dead skin.