Currently, more and more modern types of technology are appearing for garden work and the creation of landscape design, which facilitate human labour e.g, cordless lawn mower, battery lawn mower etc.. The green lifestyle trend prompted manufacturers to create a lawn mower that could handle a garden plot as well as a gasoline one, but at the same time be mobile and work without an internal combustion engine. With the advent of high-capacity batteries in recent years, there has been an increase in demand for battery powered garden equipment or battery electric lawn mower. Many leading companies have developed machines that could compete with electric and gasoline auto grass cutter, automated lawn mowers.
The cordless, automated lawn mowers allows you to mow your lawn near your home or garden. It is much cheaper than a gasoline lawn mower in maintenance, because does not require regular refuelling and searching for fuel.
Getting rid of voltage wires lying on the ground, gasoline and burning odors, engine noise and at the same time keeping the lawn in excellent condition is the dream of all gardeners who take care of garden plots.
Table of Contents
- Advantages And Disadvantages of A Cordless Lawn Mower / battery lawn mower
- Criteria For Choosing A Cordless Lawn Mower
Advantages And Disadvantages of A Cordless Lawn Mower / battery lawn mower
The use of a cordless lawn mower / battery lawn mower in the garden offers a number of practical advantages over gasoline and electric appliances:
- This battery electric lawn mower can be used for cutting wet grass. This makes it much easier to care for the site, even during rainy weather.
- This battery cordless lawn mower is as mobile as possible. Small dimensions and weight make the work quick and easy.
- Reduces the risk of fire hazard associated with the work and storage of fuels and lubricants.
- Low noise level and lack of environmental impact are important indicators for any type of equipment in the modern world.
- The cordless automated lawn mowers has a closed design. This provides additional security. The person who works on this technique is protected from emergency situations. At the same time, foreign objects will not get into the device and will not interfere with its operation.
- The cordless affordable lawn mower is simple and easy to operate. The device has available settings that even an inexperienced gardener can handle.
- The design of the cordless lawn mower is quite simple, but at the same time it has modern parts and components. This helps to prolong the life of the cordless lawnmower and minimize breakdowns.
- The appearance of a lawn mower is important. For lovers of gadgets, such a tool will become a real technical decoration of the garden plot.
Also Read: How to Control Common Garden Pest in 8 Organic Ways?
However, along with the advantages listed above, the cordless, battery lawn mower has its own disadvantages, including:
- Low productivity: the device can only cover a large area with replaceable batteries. Usually, this issue is solved by purchasing a set of batteries suitable for different types of equipment: trimmer, chain saw, etc.
- Low-power device options cannot mow plants with thick stems, so this battery technology is not suitable for a neglected overgrown area.
Criteria For Choosing A Cordless Lawn Mower
Before buying affordable lawn mower, it is important to think over the details of the site, and limit the range of tasks that is set for the tool. To do this, pay attention to the following criteria for choosing a cordless lawn mower:
- Before buying, you need to calculate the area of the lawn on the site. If this is a small area of 1-2 acres, then it is worth purchasing a compact lawn mower with a capacity of up to 4 Ah, which has a voltage of up to 40 V. Mowing grass on a large area of up to 7 acres can be carried out by devices with a battery with a capacity of up to 5 Ah, which have a voltage of 40 V.
- Before you buy a lawn mower, you should pay attention to the grass catcher that comes with this machine. There are plastic and metal containers. The volume of the grass catcher is also different: the larger it is, the less often the mower stops to remove the cut grass. The most practical are rigid collectors with a volume of 50-70 liters. Pay attention to the mulching function, some manufacturers supplement the technique with this useful function, so that you perform two tasks in one go.
- Another important point is the degree of automation. There are lawn mowers that need to be pushed by a person, and there are models that move themselves (robotic lawn mowers). You can adjust the operation of such a mower using a smartphone.
- When buying a lawn mower with a battery, the noise level is also important. Although it is a priori lower than when a gasoline engine is running, still not all cordless lawn mowers are distinguished by their quiet operation. When choosing a device, it is necessary to pay attention that the optimal noise level is 55-60 dB (according to sanitary standards, the permissible noise level, which does not harm hearing even with prolonged exposure to the hearing aid, is considered to be: 55 decibels (dB) in the daytime and 40 decibels (dB) at night).
- Modern lawn mowers are equipped with customizable features that help you maintain quality lawn care. The main of these functions is the function of regulating the height of the cut grass. The best option for adjusting the height is the lever located in the center of the structure, and the number of levels varies from 6 to 30. The height of the cut grass after processing will be 15-75 mm. Please note that low-power models will not cope with high grass cover at once, you will have to mow in several stages, reducing the level of the mowed grass with each stage.
The main quality of the modern cordless, battery powered lawn mower is the electronic control of the load on the cutting elements. During the processing of lawns, you can adjust the power and increase the resource. Due to the compact dimensions and large wheels, the self-propelled nature of the device becomes irrelevant, the engine power is started up to increase the cutting period of the tool.
A novelty of recent seasons is lawn mowing works controlled by mobile devices via wi-fi. Sensor sensors set the boundary of the working area, controlling the movement.
To date, the choice of cordless lawn mowers / battery powered lawn mower is not very large, but the survey results show the prospects for the development of this direction. In order for the device to serve as long as possible, it is necessary to properly care for it:
- Clean the mower blade after each mow. Start cleaning after the engine has cooled down.
- If the blade is bent or cracked, it should be urgently replaced, using such a technique is prohibited.
- You also need to periodically lubricate the tool blade so that the metal base does not rust.
It is not difficult to choose a cordless, battery powered lawn mower, the main selection criteria remain: financial situation, area to be cultivated and additional functions necessary for work.
The cordless lawn mower is a convenient and environmentally friendly form of lawn maintenance in your garden. It will not only help to keep the site in order, but also to equip the landscape design. At the same time, a reliable battery will cope with the improvement of an area of up to 600 square meters without using an outlet and electricity.